Don't women have any self-esteem anymore?

Someone please tell me, what's with all these questions about what a lazy/uncaring/selfish/inconsiderate/unreliable jerk a woman's boyfriend is?

I work with middle school students, and I see countless girls lining up to throw themselves at the creepiest, slimiest boys, and to provide them with increasingly risky and repulsive sexual stimulations.

Don't women/girls have any self respect any more? Don't we (as women) deserve BETTER than to be a mattress pad for the lowliest jerks we can find?

Simply:
If the guy treats you badly - HE'S A CREEP!

If the guy cheats on you - HE'S A CREEP!

If the guy only does what he wants - HE'S A CREEP!

If the guy hurts your child in any way - HE'S A CREEP AND A CRIMINAL AND YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO GET YOUR CHILDREN AWAY FROM HIM, and to prosecute his disgusting ass.
There are real men out there - you can do better!

Jodie118

Asked by Jodie118 at 1:52 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• It is sad-I don't think they have self respect or self esteem because right here at CM, women are asking if its okay to do...whatever (fill in the blank) and we all know she should be telling the guy NO WAY. But they want to please and will do any awful sick disgusting thing with no idea that they can say NO! They have sex too young. They ask "My SO wants to have a threesome, would you say yes?" and it just goes on from there. Respect yourself and have standards and just say NO! Take care of yourselves and expect the best, expect men to be good to you and don't lett them exploit you and use you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 28, 2009

• WE NEED TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO RESPECT THEMSELVES!!!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No they don't, most have jumped on the "womens empowerment" bandwagon and they fail to see how they are actually just disrespecting themselves. This is with ALL industries women ALLOW men to treat them as second class citizens and the women that don't get off on taking advantage of other women and they hide behind their fake crap by making claims of being a leader in women's empowerment. Women need to step up and respect themselves before they will get respect from men. Get out of men's laps, get out of strip clubs, stop supporting porn and prostitution and stop believing your role models are people like Paris Hilton or Kimora Lee Simons.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with above statement.. Also there is a big difference between Girls and Women! Dating in school is about learning who you are and who you are going to be and who you want to be with.. Mistakes happen! ( a human brain isn't fully developed until mid 20's) This is where a strong parental foundation is beneficial.. to guide their daughters in making the right decision and demanding the respect they deserve and picking suitable partners.. AS for the "Women", usually it is a long line of bad choices, possibly stemming from a broken home where the "said woman" hasn't had a father figure present or a positive role model throughout their childhood.
    Anonymous

• You are completely right legalmommy101. Yes there are women/girls out there that have or choose not to have respect for themselves. My daughters will not be like that and my son will not desrespect a women and if he does he will be in alot of trouble for real....
    Anonymous

• I'd like for young women especially to know that men (most men? many men?) are quite happy to have sex without being in love with the woman. Just because a guy wants to live together doesn't mean he loves them, it may well mean that he likes having his lady there and committed- less chance of STDs. I am disturbed by the posts I read here, so many of them, where the lady doesn't understand why her live-in boyfriend wants to go out with his buddies and doesn't want to stay at home with her and their child. I'm afraid that the woman has built up dreams of what she thought her relationship was, when actually it was all her dreams. It is a heartbreaking situation.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have tons of self confidence, and its all thanks to my step mom. When I was growing up she always asked me why I should care what other people thought of me. Now I dont care what others say, I love myself for who I am. Moms and Dads need to teach their kids that its not all about what everyone else believes, and the only opinion that matters is their own.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• In our town we have 4 police officers at our middle school. It is so foul at how low these gurls act to get a guy and to be popular. My friend has picked gurls in comprimising positions in stairwells and they spit at my friend. How low can you go? Disgusting....That is why I put my child in catholic school. I want my child to go to school no how to be a pot head and pregnant while you learn history and math.
    Anonymous

• I don't think many women do anymore. The guys are getting more selfish/disrespectful/disgusting, and the girls are doing whatever is "in" to get their attention. Which is basically look sexy, dress slutty, because slutty is sexy supposedly, put out, give in, and compromise with whatever they want. Give up all of your morals and self respect so this guy will be in to you.
    Anonymous