is it ok for my husband to "ban" me from sex?

my husband "banned" me from sex until i get chores done around to house. is that ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• thats the dumbest thing i ever heard! he wants to control sex i would say fine im takeing my horney ass to an adult store and i wont need you anymore and i will get my chores done on top of that! so stick that in your juice box and suck it baby!! lol
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 2:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

• um..what? if he bans you, can you ban him until he gets HIS chores done around the house? what sense does that make seriously?
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 1:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• lol. this is a joke.. ban him back and more...you don't have sex with me i find somebody else.:)

Anonymous

• In the words of "Dr Laura" NO.. It is NEVER okay to use sex as a tool or withhold sex or intimacy from your Partner. Sex is a "gift" that should be shared to reconnect with your Partner, bring you closer at the end of the day, etc.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is ok for either partner to withhold sex as a 'punishment'. That is a very controlling thing to do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No, it's not ok. Tell him you don't need him, then. That is what toys are for.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 2:01 PM on May. 27, 2009

*totally true, get a toy*
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's never ok to use anything as liency in a relationship. It i a form of emotional or sex abuse (that includes women doing it) but as a joke I would tell I would go get a toy, but thats me.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 2:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• why a toy?...what about a men?
    Anonymous

• OMG, NO..... sorry but love and lovin is not conditional. Dont do shit in the house, let it backfire on his ass. He cant go forever with out sex. And we are not superwomen, we cant do everything, we can just do what we can, when we can and get the rest at a later time. Sorry but in my house men can do the same chores as I do, including my hubby and son, we are a team and help each other out. I wish you luck with him, if you give in, he will expect things a certain way forever...How much are you willing to compromize yourself. He married a partner not a MAID.
    Now dont get me wrong, if he works and you dont, the house should be your thing and taking care of the kids, but that still means with kids you will need help, and he should be willing to help and not demand.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:04 PM on May. 27, 2009