How is it possible?

I weighed myself last night. I weigh 280 lbs. I am so upset. I do not have any rolls, I do have some belly fat but no actual rolls. I wear a size 18 pant. How is it possible?

PS: I did join a gym and have been there daily

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 4 Months is plenty of time to have put on muscle mass! Plus, it sounds like you probably have a larger bone structure. That isn't just a line of BS that people say when they are fat. Lots of people really do have bigger frames. That would explain your lack of rolls. It can be hard to stay motivated and it takes time to really get to where you want to be. Just keep at it you're doing all the right things!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Are you sure your scale was right? I mean you would have to be very tall to be 280 and wear only a size 18. I am 198 and wear a size 14/16 and I'm 5'6". When I weighed 220 is when I wore a size 18. Anyway, just keep going to the gym daily and don't worry too much about what the scale says. You have to go off of how you feel, and if you keep up with a good exercise and healthy eating habits routine then you shoul dstart to see that your clothes fit looser and such. Don't always go by a scale.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• if you have been going to the gym then its possible that you have more muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat does.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• April-yes, it's the gym scale and I think it's accurate. I am only 5'7 and I do wear a size 18 pant. I'm wearing a size 18 pant and medium tshirt from Target. It's weird to me because I don't look THAT heavy. I mean, you can tell I need to lose weight but I don't look obese. I don't have a double chin or anything.

Brooke-I've only been going to the gym for 4 months lol. I am just discouraged :(
    Anonymous

• dont get discouraged, 4 months isnt a long time, just give it some more time, I would think that you have built up some muscle mass.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Do you think it's realistic that I want to get to 150? lol
    Anonymous

• anything is possible, if you think its realistic then it is. But you have to realize that it will take time, you want to do it the healthy way! Good Luck!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• have u considered surgery or the lap band or whatever its called?
    Anonymous

• Brooke-thanks :)

Anon :10-I have thought about it but I think I can do this the old fashioned way. I am overall in great health. My blood pressure is great, I don't get out of breath when I walk or run, etc. I can do 40 min on the treadmill and still be fine to do a 1/2 hour of weights. I don't eat that much and tend to cook pretty healthy. I'm going to try to do it by exercising and eating right, cutting down (way down) on sugar and if that doesn't work then will consult for surgery
    Anonymous

• you might want to cut out salt too. i come from a large bones family so i understand what you mean. i can fit into a size 15 pant and im 5'4". but its because my hips are wide ( for birthing my grammie tells me) lol. but the doctor told me that salt can cause people to swell which makes them larger then what they really are. i hope this helps. and good luck.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 4:19 PM on May. 27, 2009