Why do Christians keep telling non-believers about Jesus?

Please watch this video and comment. This is the perfect answer given by an atheist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHS8adO3hM

Maybe you can watch this and stop being so rude when we say, "Jesus love you."

AngelDawn7

Asked by AngelDawn7 at 2:09 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Catholic. People should not shove their religion onto others. It's rude and disrespectful!
    Anonymous

• Stop being rude & trying to tell me who loves me.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I think it's the same thing as an athiest telling you that your an idiot for believing in an invisible god, you wouldn't like it right. It goes both ways IMO
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't feel like watching the video...

But isn't "spreading the gospel" one of the jobs Christians are supposed to do whether the rest of us like it or not?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Did anyone actually watch the video? Apparently not based on your answers. Watch the video then respond like the OP has asked.
    Anonymous

• If athiest groups can put their lies on the backs of buses trying to bring people to their belief then Christian can keep on keeping on trying to convert people as far as i'm concerned.The double standards should end.Atheists always complaining and saying "at least we don't try to shove ours down throats and convert people" BOLOGNA alot do and are doing just that.The bible tells followers of Christ to spread the gospel of Christ so they are only doing what the Lord commands of them.
    Anonymous

• This is not my opinion, just making a statement as to why some do: in the Bible it says Christians are to spread the word of God to all. So this is why some christians do it to a fault.

In my opinion, and I am a Christian, I think that if you see someone who is obviously in need, it would be okay to ask if they WANT to hear about God/Jesus. If they say no, then do not press the matter. If you get the vibe that someone DOES NOT want to hear, then keep it to yourself just say a little prayer for them if you feel the need. I think that living my life in a way that God shows through me without me having to verbally tell everyone about God is the best way for me to go about "spreading his word". And when a non-believer comes to me with a question about my beliefs or my God, I take that opportunity to spread the word also. There are ways to do it without PUSHING our religion onto someone else.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well, then, in that regard, you can respect and accept that I think you worship an imaginary friend and believe in fairy tales, and that should not be offensive to you because it's what I believe to be true. Long ago, I really believed people could live and let live concerning the religious aspect, but I'm so over that pipe dream.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The key thing is this guy was polite and Penn doesnt have a problem with people spreading the word as long as they are polite. Another point is that is Penn, not me or anyone else on here. It is up to the individual to decide if they are comfortable with hearing about your God. Being polite is key.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes april and sometimes God will speak to our hearts and lead us to someone for the purpose to speak to them of Him.Alot of missionaries say the Lord spoke to their hearts and they believe it is He who sent them to other lands to spread his word.
    Anonymous