easy question

my daughter and her friend were playing soccer and the her friend got mean and scratched and threw down my daughter.she apologized all was ok.this was 3 weeks ago.i have been trying to get in touch with this woman ever sence.our kids have not been playing and she wont answer any of my emails or phone calls.except she emailed me today just to ask if i was having a bday party for my daughter or if she missed it.i replied with a nice email.i asked her to respond and tell me if she got it.well she didnt.she just wanted to make sure her daughter wasnt left out of the party.i want to discuss this whole thing with her but shes not letting me.any ideas?i know i should ignore her but shes got me so mad.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 2:10 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe she is avoiding you because her daughter told her what ahppened and she is now embarrassed. Even if that is the case, that is no way for an adult to act. I say let it go. You seem to be stresssing yourself out about it and that;s not fair to you.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 2:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The girl apologized and all was okay you say...so drop it. There isn't anything to discuss. It's done and over with.
    Anonymous

• Not an easy question. My guess would be that she is embarassed by her daughter's behavior and does not have the maturity to address this with you. If I were the other mother, my daughter would have written a note apologizing to your daughter; if this was not an isolated incident, I would take my daughter for a mental health evaluation.
    If you think that this other girl may be a threat to your daughter's safety, then keep them apart; otherwise, I would drop it unless there is another incident.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I would leave one last email and message on her phone and if she does'nt answer then don't allow your daughter to play w/this girl. I would have never invited this little girl to your daughters party if my daughter was thrown on the ground out of angry that would be the last time my child would be playing w/anyone that gets that angry over a game.
    Anonymous

• thats the thing this is not an isolated incident.but she told my husband that she is teaching her daughter to be aggressive for sports.when kids are 10 they have to learn good sportsmanship and how to work together.the mom asked me if the had ever done this before i said i did not know.so she put the words into my mouth and asked the daughter why she keeps on beating up mine i never said this.the daughter asked mine on the bus why she said that???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:28 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Personally I think it's to much DRAMA over something that isn't worth the drama. She is acting rather immature about the whole thing, ignoring you and such. I'd just drop it, the ball is in her court, send a party invite to her and if she still keeps acting like this then maybe it's best to just scratch her off your list of acquaintances. I don't put up with childesh crap anymore, it's one thing for children to act like children, but parents should act like adults. In the long run, the big picture of you life as a mother, this lady and her behavior won't make a dent so don't let it bother you.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:54 AM on May. 28, 2009