How long does your child lay there until they go to sleep?

My 3.5 DD's bedtime has always been 9:00 but since it has gotten warmer, it has been closer to 9:30 when she gets in the bed. It seems like she lays there for at least 30 minutes and sometimes longer until she goesto sleep.Is that normal? She still takes a 2 hour nap everyday, could that be why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• my 3 yr old DS will lay there for hrs jsut singing to himself. even when he skips his nap furing the day. he used to be so good at going to bed, this is a new devopment...hopefully its jstu a stage
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• depending on my sons mood he may lay their talking to himself and singing for an hour or more. As long as he isn't screaming and he's in bed I dont mind.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:05 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Id say its normal. You can try giving her an earlier nap so when its bedtime she can fall asleep faster.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 3:05 PM on May. 27, 2009