Can you get baby food on food stamps?

Sorry im all new to this. I know you can get formula but can you get actual baby food in a jar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yes, it is food, you can by anything food related as long as its not hot. By that I mean cooked, not spicy..You know the cooked chickens at the grocery store on display you just buy take home and cut up to eat, because they are ready to eat hot, you cant buy those types of foods.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Jarred babyfood costs so much more than making your own (and it tastes nasty). There are books in the library and websites were you can learn how to make your own. Start simply, with mashed avocado mixed with breast milk or formula, then a bit of baked sweet potato.
    My favorite book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. The website is www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't know, but I know that wic gives you baby food.
    Anonymous

• Yes but it is cheaper and more nutritious to make your own.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Food is food. No hot foods you can get food you can heat yourself outside the store and you can get drinks soda and candy bars no coffee,tea (hot) you can buy jars of coffe to make tea bags.
    Anonymous

• You can buy any food product including spices, babyfood, deli items, food from the salad bar, candy, etc. You cannot by nonfood items and hot deli foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on May. 27, 2009