What will happen to your body if you walk for an hour every single day but don't follow a very healthy eating plan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Nothing.
    Anonymous

• You'll look thin and trim but still have high cholesterol and fat around your heart and liver
    Anonymous

• Exercise is always beneficial, even if having a healthy diet is BETTER. If by "not very healthy" you mean eats junk morning, noon, and night I guess it would depend on how much junk we are talking. If you are eating just enough junk to maintain your current weight and then start exercising, you will still lose. Calories are calories. You would lose faster eating healthier and would reap more health boosting rewards. If, however, you are talking about exercising and then eating more junk than usual or you are currently eating so much that are you continuing to GAIN, the exercise may ward off weight gain or slow it down to some degree. Diet is important, but exercising even 30 minutes a day and changing nothing else can help reduce your risk of heart problems, cancer, and other degenerative diseases. So I would advise anyone to eat healthy food, but exercise is good no matter what!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You will be overweight, unhealthy and you'll probably have great legs.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well it depends how you describe "not very healthy" and also what your current stats are. The only way to lose weight is to reduce your caloric intake and increase the calories and fat you burn. So, if you eat bad now but don't walk, you may lose a few pounds because you're burning more calories a day than what you would normally. If you eat better, than you'll see faster, more permanent* results. I'll use myself as an example.

In the past, I would intake close to 2000 calories a day and not exercise, which contributed to my weight gain.

Now I take in about 1200 calories a day and I work out for an hour at the gym so now my caloric intake is 1200 minus whatever I burn at the gym. This is obviously less than what my body is used to so, I'm going to lose weight regardless. Worst case senario, I don't gain any more, right!? :)

TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Nothing, you won't lose weight
    Anonymous

• You will get a little more toned and have more energy but probably not loose much weight.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Also, don't let others discurage you, I started to loose weight when I started walking, than I changed my diet a little and did some video workouts and bike riding; I have lots 57lbs in 8 and a half months!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I found that if I walked an hour (about 3 miles for me) that I was unwilling to put fatty faves in my mouth. If I was maintaining my current weight by walking an hour every day, that's one thing. But if I am trying to lose weight, then I usually am more careful about my food. But do whatever works for you. Exercising is good no matter what.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:28 PM on May. 27, 2009