Did I have a reason to get mad or does he have the right to be mad at me?

I made plans with my SO to go to a family reunion, he said he would go and promised to come over. I called him the next day right before the event and he asked me if he had to go, I told him "you said you would" he said it would be boring and that he wouldn't have fun. I asked him please and he told me that he wasn't going to go and started getting really mean. This is the second time this happened this month, the other time was for my sons b-day party. I got really mad both times and wanted to end it. I told him that he was selfish and that he didn't care about me. He hasn't talked to me the past two days and when I call, he treats me like crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• He may feel uncomfortable around your family.
    Anonymous

• wow...thats horrible. you have every right to be mad..not only did he ditch you, but he didnt respect you either. i understand fam reunions arnt fun, but he shoulda told u that he didnt want to b4. also the first time was your sons bday party? he should WANT to be there.... if i were you i would seriously consider letting him go cuz he doesnt seem to care about your feelings at all.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• He sounds so selfish. Childish and so mean. Kick him to the curb hon.
    Anonymous

• Yes you have every right to be mad! I had an x boyfriend who used to pull shit like this all the time. I would ask him to do stuff with my family and he would say yes and not have a problem with it until the day before or the day of. Then he would get all shitty and say he didn't want to anymore and blah blah. Then I would have to make up excuses for him when my family would ask where he was, so that he didn't look like a jerk. If he didn't want to go, he should have said so in the first place.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:28 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Dump him. He's obviously not up for the unselfishness that is required within a relationship.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• get rid of him. Your right, he is selfish & cannot put himelf aside for you, not for one moment. You don't want a man like that. Just stop calling him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Ya i would be more then just mad i would give him a choice and thats to either hit the sidewalk or grow up. I can see whats more important to him and it's not you just let him go. You desever someone whos gonna care about you and your child. He has no reason to be an ass.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You have a right to be mad. If it was something like going to the movies or shopping with your girls I think you would understand, but if it's important things like your son's b-day or family reunion it is a big deal. First make sure he doesn't have a problem with your family. Maybe he's just nervous. But if he really loves you, he would go to something that obviously is important to you.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Seems he's afraid of commitment. I'm thinking he's thinking if he meets the family he's in for the long haul. I'd drop him like a bad habit. You don't need a guy like that in your life. Especially if he is so wishy washy with making plans with you and following through.

You have to let him know that your family is an important part of your life and you thought he was too. But if he can't understand that concept its time to just end the relationship and find someone who is dependable and follows through on what they say.

I think him treating you like crap is his way of breaking it off without him actually having the maturity to actually break it off. I say let him go. That's my vote LOL You can do so much better.

And if he wants to get back together, tell him you'll meet him at a mall or something then don't show up. LOL. he'll get the picture.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes you had reason to get mad.
    The guy is not interested in doing anything with your family, he made that clear.
    He did not want to attend your son's birthday party = bad catch...

You need to get yourself another SO....If you stay with him do not blame him for not doing
    things with you and for you....
    You have the power.....to better yourself....now go pack your bags!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:37 PM on May. 27, 2009