Question for people who tweeze their eye brows.......

After I tweeze mine, the skin gets scaly and rough feeling, and my pores get clogged and make little white heads in the area my hair use to be. How do I stop that from happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know that doesn't happen to me, but mabey it's because I lotion my face daily, so you could try that.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I don't know. I've never had that happen before!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have never tweezed, always got them waxed. I wish I had an answer for you. Since I am low on funds I have started threading my eyebrows. Try that and see if it helps. If you go to youtube.com you can search for eyebrow threading videos, they have great tutorials.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I wonder if rubbing antibiotic ointment (neosporin) on the area after tweezing would help. And I've heard of applying ice to the area to close up the pores. So how about applying ice for a few minutes and then rubbing in antibiotic ointment.

Answer by Bmat at 2:28 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i am an esthetician and i tweeze and wax clients all the time. after you tweeze or was the pore is open. even if you've washed your hands and you "think" they are clean - you still should NOT touch the area at all. my clients ALWAYS get up and go over to the mirror and have to touch it for whatever reason! this is getting bacteria in the pore and can couse irritation, redness, even breakouts. do NOT put ointment on it. putting ointment just traps bacteria. that would be even worse. you can put ice, but put it in something - don't use your fingers. hope i helped. :)
    Anonymous

• OP here.
    I know I've already touched it since I tweezed, so can I use peroxide on it then the Ice?
    Anonymous

• i always swipe the area with rubbing alcohol afterwards to clear the pores..i used to get all red and stuff after...seems to help.
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 8:56 PM on May. 27, 2009

• no, i wouldn't suggest putting anything on it after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 28, 2009