Do you ever spank because you lose your temper?

Please no bashing and if you haven't then please don't answer. My 3.5 DD always takes a 2 hour nap everyday and she didn't get one yesturday because we were at our in-laws. Well she started being horrible and being rude to everybody. Then she starts running through the house screaming and when I picked her up she was screaming in my face and wouldn't calm down and I popped her bottom. I felt bad afterwards! But i had enough and I fely l;ike just because she is tired doesn't mean that she gets to treat people that way. I rarely spank her but will if I have to. And like I said I make sure she gets her nap everyday but allowed her to skip it yesturday. So I feel like it is all my fault!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I understand. I've done it too. Even more recently because of recent events.
    Why didnt you just find a place at the inlaws to put her to bed? or why didnt you just take her home?
    It's always easier to think about what you should have done, after it's all over with. Good luck next time. Parents are people too. We all make mistakes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:34 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I have done something similar but I don't think it's out of anger I think enough is enough and when they cross that fine line then a spanking is ok (not a beat down) I have only spanked my 4 year old a few times but only when she was out of control.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:39 PM on May. 27, 2009