Working out makes me so hungry.......

I go workout mid morning after I have drank my coffee and ate oatmeal. When I get done working out which is usually close to lunch, i come home and eat so much! So I ma like what is the point of working out? What can I do to stop this? i am not a big breakfast person and oatmeal is all i want to eat in the morning!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Maybe eat an apple or some other healthy food on your way home after your workout. Maybe that would help you feel less hungry when you get home.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• In the morning, have oatmeal and toast with milk. That gets you what you need to get started. Then go work out and come home, and make sure you have protein and carbs with every single meal. like a good lunch would be a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with low sodium turkey deli meat, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onion. Then have an apple or another fruit on the side. a couple hours later, eat something like an apple with peanut butter or celery with peanut butter.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You need more protien in your diet for sure! Not that oatmeal isn't good but your body sees it as a sugar and so it burns toooooooo quickly. If you want a natural appetite suppressant, try chicken breast, cheese, eggs and beans. BEANS being the best because they have high fiber and protien content.

You'll be suprised how much longer you'll stay full. Also, what worked for me is making sure I was hydrated and eating a protien bar or shake right after working out! Good luck!
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:25 PM on May. 27, 2009