constepation

Hi my toddler gets constipated realy bad I only give him 2 % milk b/c i thot it would help him go easyer but its just the same as 3% he only get 12 ounces a day of milk. Is there any other milk prodect i can start giveing him that wouldnt make it hard to go potty... please give your best answear thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah soy milk is a good idea they even come in flavors my daughter is turning 3 in july weve had this issue since around 1yr. she was very bad with her consipation man nothing worked i mean nothing you name it i tried it. shed cry and scream i would have to pull out what was hanging out full of blood sorry too much info. im now giving her benifiber chewing tablets, that same day she pooped a nice good poop and regulated her to this day i still give her a tablet a day they taste good too. hope that helps...
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 1:07 AM on May. 29, 2009

• i would add more fruits to his diet, and fruit juice. that helps my daughter, strawberries, bananas, and apple juice always do the trick for her
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• try some raisins, or prune juice. also a little mineral oil tends to help them go. my ds suffered from it bad. he ended up having to get on a daily stool softner, it was so bad he tore and we would have to dig it out! avoid cheese for awhile. if you have any mroe ?'s pm me
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Try some juicy juice with his meals. That always made my little ones go. Make sure they are getting a variety of fruits and vegetables. Fiber is important for your little one to stay regular too much of one thing can bind them up. Maybe try some oatmeal with bananas or berries or peaches.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 2:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Mirelax was the only thing that helped my son - but he had his from birth. I took milk and dairy out of his diet and he finally could go on his own - so I give him Soy milk, soy cheese etc.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:43 PM on May. 27, 2009