about what age will my baby start crawling?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 3:04 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it just depends on the baby some will at 5 months however my son is 10 months and shows no intrest he woudl much rather walk.... and some babies never crawl
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 3:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My niece NEVER crawled and my son crawled before he was 6 months old. I guess its not really a milestone anymore though.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I hear that some babies just go straight to walking. According to my child development book, most babies average around 6 months. Though it all just depends. According to the book, my daughter is rolling over 2 months ahead of schedule, and she's already trying to get up onto her hands and knees, one of the first signs that she wants to start crawling. Another sign is when they know how to get on their hands and knees, and they just start rocking back and forth. One of the exercises you can try after your baby starts rolling over is putting a toy in front of her just out of reach and she'll try to use her legs to push towards it. Hope I helped!
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 3:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my little man was 9.5 months old befor he was
    badensmom

Answer by badensmom at 3:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I dont know when my girl will start crawling but for over the past month she has been scooting. She is so efficient at it that I have to close the doors to the bedrooms and put covers in the outlets. And I would think that she would have gone from scooting to crawling within a month but she hasnt. She does get up on her hands and knees and rocks too sometimes.

it is really depending on them, no one could give you a straight answer on this
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 3:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Some babies never crawl..they go straight to walking. There is no straight answer to this question since crawling isn't really a milestone at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My DS was 11 months old. (10 months adjusted)
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 5:50 PM on May. 27, 2009