where do you put looking to adopt questions at

we are looking to adopt where do you put questions like that at on here we live in alabama and are looking to adopt.

starkitty

Asked by starkitty at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Adoption

• You contact your local foster care agency instead of trolling for a fresh from the womb infant.
    Anonymous

• Starkitty, wecome, the question/answer section...or ANY place on the internet, really is not a place one whom sincerely wishes to bring a child into their family, shouldor would want to start. This is not like buying a product, or even advertisig for a family pet...of which I am sure you already know. I would suggest, you would start with your local family service division in the county you live. If you have the patience GOD gifts , then there are many, including infants, whom need a home. Never solicit for a newborn infant, this is NOT GODS way. I wish you luck in finding your forever child, and with any luk, these people in your county will be ble to further assist you. Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 3:41 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It all depends on what type of adoption you are looking into. For domestic, contact local adoption agencies in your area, but be prepared to pay between $15,000-$30,000 for a newborn. Or foster to adopt, contact your local children services, it is little to no cost. Also, you should fill out your profile, people are sick of seeing 'baby trollers' on here that have blank profiles, if you are looking on here for a baby, it might help if the expectant mom can learn a little about you from your profile!
    Anonymous

• Even as an adoptive mom (though NOT domestic infant adoption) - I detest seeing people asking an expectant mother to give them her baby. WHY do people think this is ok?
    Anonymous

• If you are wanting to ask questions about the adoptive process, there are adoptive groups here on CafeMom. It seems to me that you want to know "where to post questions" as opposed to announcing that you are looking for a specific child on the internet. Perhaps you want to know about the differences between domestic or international adoption, adoption thru the foster care system and getting licensed for that, or just asking general questions about adoption. I'm sorry for some of the previous responses that you have gotten. Of course CafeMom doesn't allow solicitation of expectant mothers nor adoptive parents, period. Your account could be removed. With all that said, I hope you check into a group where you can ask questions from other adoptive parents that will lead you on your journey.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Wow. Really appalled at some of the previous answers. Never ONCE does the original poster say she's looking to "steal" a baby. She's asking where would be the best place to put questions about looking to adopt. People jump to too many conclusions.

I'd like to say that you're in the right section to ask questions, but with so many judgmental and rude people, I wouldn't blame you for running for the hills!! LOL

Doodlebopfan hit it on the head. There are many groups about adoption if you're looking for specific types. If you have a certain question in mind, this is usually the best place to ask them (despite the rude trolls on here).

I hope the horrible responses haven't given you a bad taste for adoption. There are many wonderful people on here to help answer your questions whether it be domestic, international, or even foster care adoptions. I hope you ask again!! :-)
    Anonymous

• Actually it looks as though she IS looking for an expectant mother considering adoption as she joined the group "Birthmothers trying to find adoptive parents" or whatever it's called. OP I don't think you'll find the expectant mom you're looking for in Touched by Adoption but you may find answers to any questions you have.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 9:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I thought the same thing (and that may be true) but since "Birthmothers trying to find adoptive parents" sounds like it's just for birth mothers (to ask questions), I wrote to the owner of the group, and asked if adoptive parents were able to join, and she said that it is for expectant mother OR adoptive parents. Who knew?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• hahahaha
    Anonymous

• i didnt see anybody say she was trying to steal a baby! get a grip. And ~certain people~ comment is just...whatever.
    Anonymous