I have 2 dogs and a new baby on the way how can i prepare my dogs for the new baby?

bobbie_100685

Asked by bobbie_100685 at 3:10 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should have your SO or someone bring a blanket from the hospital that the baby used for the scent. there isn't realyl a way to prepare them ahead of time otherwise - my cats freaked when my son cried when we got home, but they got used to it - believe me!! lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Just make sure that someone makes sure to spend time with them also - they will get jealous but you dont' want behavioral problems from then not getitng enough attention!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We brought home a blanket the baby had used while we were in the hospital so she could smell it and get used to the smell. Our dog is tiny ( a papillon) so her biting or anything wasn't really an issue, although she would get upset when our baby would cry and try to lick her and paw at her. She got over it real quickly, though. I'd say bring the blanket and make sure you don't ignore the dog and make sure all visitors pay attention to them, too.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2009