What is the best way to deal with people that tell parents something and info. they told parents is wrong so it seems to have gotten me into trouble with my folks?

Person told my mom and dad who live out of town that my house was a mess. Parents know think I never clean, which is so untrue. person is my son's uncle and aunt and know my brother is on my case. Want them to back off, need to get there info straight before blabbing a lie and getting everyone to believe them. There are two sides to every story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Was it just messy that day? Do your parents ever visit? Why would your parents care if house was messy? Did they say it was nasty? I would just call my parents and tell them the truth in a calm way. Like: "Im so embarrassed he caught me at a bad time and I had dishes all over my kitchen..."
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Aren't you an adult? Why do you care? It's your house, it can be whatever way you want it to be. Sounds like your brother is a tattle tale and your getting upset over something that is no one's business but your own. What can your parents do? Ground you??
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:18 PM on May. 27, 2009