Am I a bad mom for my weakness to unhealthy pregnancy cravings?

I tend to crave things not so healthy like those Keebler Elf cookies or pancakes. I try to substitute things so they're not as bad but doesn't seem to help fight the cravings. I feel like I'm a bad mom to my unborn babies for eating some cookies here and there. Am I?

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 3:14 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not a bad mom ....not even close
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I cut back on a lot of things but I couldn't stop drinking soda all the ways. People kept telling me all these horrible things that was going to happen to my unborn child. I think the stress they was trying to cause me was worse than the soda. My baby was born very healthy even with a can of soda everyday.
    Anonymous

• there is nothing wrong with eating what you want while pregnant. so what if you have a few cookies, who cares if you down four of five bags of cookies in the duration of your pregnancy. and why feel bad about eating pancakes? honey, eat what makes you and baby happy. a mother will go above and beyond to make her family happy and healthy. eating cookies, cakes, candy, does not make you a bad mother. abusing your kids verbally and physically is what makes a woman a bad mother. eating or feeding your children what you want to does not. as long as you are not like the woman that got arrested for continuously shoveling food in her childs mouth until the child was over 400 lbs, you are being a good mother.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• nope
    i craved chinesse food and slushies...

and huge baked potatoes with everything
    jalopenoes

and i think im a great mom!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• no, I don't think those are bad! I thought you were going to talk about really bad things like they used to crave in the old days. Like starch for ironing! I have also heard some of the older women in my family talk about eating coal, while they were pregnant. If that was the case its usually an imbalance and your DR needs to be alerted. But as long as its food and you aren't excessive about it. Like cookies for every meal! Or reaching the max limit at the pancake breakfast, I think your good to go!
    Anonymous

• No, I craved fried food with my last pregnancy, and my ob just laughed at me when I told him. I constantly craved Long John Silver's and that stuff is far from healthy.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:43 PM on May. 27, 2009