smelly neck rash?

my dtr is almost 8 weeks old today I noticed a wet like rash around the folds of her neck. it kinda smells too...its also on her chest area (like where she dribbles) Is there anything I should put on it? How do I keep it dry?

clransom

Asked by clransom at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put a bib on her at all times, except when she's sleeping. You might look into something like petroleum jelly to protect the skin.. or what's it called..vaseline?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It may be a yeast infection. Usually, they will tell you to put some vagisil on it, but I would call your ped just to be sure.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree with the first one. It is not even close to unheard of. Many ppl who have skin rolls get them. And since there is drool that probably has a bit of spitup and milk in it, it is even more likely
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 3:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Lift up the chin and clean REALLY well in there. My daughter has folds on her folds and we have to pull them open to get them really clean. The smell is probably from milk being spit up, sweat, and drool. The rash is usually a heat rash.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 3:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It is a yeast infection. That is why so smelly, common in the creases & folds. My 7mo. old has had the same rash on his neck since he was about 4 mo. old. The doc has me using 1%cortizone cream and an antifungal cream, like Tinactin on the area twice daily. keep it as dry as possible, can use unscented powder. I would consult you baby's doc or on-call nurse first but you should see an immediate improvement with the combo of creams.
    MrsTommyB

Answer by MrsTommyB at 4:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• im goin w its milk like sk tennyson said
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 7:16 PM on May. 27, 2009