How do i start my two year old potty training

thebelvillemomm

Asked by thebelvillemomm at 3:23 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I took my kid to the potty with me whenever I wanted to go and got her excited about the process (flushing is so exciting!). I talked about it for quite some time and got her mentally prepared. I bought some princess underpants for her. I told her to tell me when she had to go. She did make some puddles intially but also felt very guilty for ruining her beloved princess and started telling me when she wanted to go. If she didn't tell me, I would take her to bathroom myself after 1/2 hour or an hour ( they dont know to hold when they intitally get off the diapers and go to bathroom very often).
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 5:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I always would take my daughters to the bathroom when I would go and let them use there potty chair. I did this for a couple of weeks to introduce it then. I did not use pull ups I put them in big girl panties so they would feel what was going on. My oldest two daughters were both potty trained one month before they turned two and I plan on doing the same with my other daughter when she gets old enought.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:34 PM on May. 27, 2009