LOSING MY MIND!!!

Well, not sure if this is gonna come out as a question, but here goes. I am a stay at home mom, for now. Im trying to go back to work soon but babys going to grandmas not daycare. I feel like ive lost my mind, and sight of where i wanted my life to go. Ive always wanted to be a mom, and have a family. but i feel like im stretched so thin everyday, and have NO LIFE WHATSOEVER. The fiance doesnt get it, since im not working, why should i feel stressed or tired right...does anyone else get it?!!?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 3:26 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I get it all too well. I had my son in '06. I was 22 years old. I had been married for a little over 2 years. My husband and I had small jobs. Not making much money. I had to have my mom keep my son sometimes 2-3 days at a time so I could work. I hardly got to see my son. but after a while, I got tired of not being able to see my son when I wanted, I missed his first steps and the first tooth. I got pregnant with my daughter around my sons first birthday or my husbands and my anniversary. which is only 3 days apart. During the seventh month, the doctors put me out of work and I haven't been back since. my kids are now 3 and 18 months. I would love to go back to work. it gives you your sense of being back. it gives you some grown up time with other adults and you are not just talking to yourself. You WILL find yourself again. I think some women lose sight of who they are once they have children and realize it is not all CONT
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• lol, yeah...I get it! I'm a SAHM, who doesn't drive...so I'm home all the time. I want to get a part time job, just to get out of the house a little while...being home all the time gets me down...I wind up begging my MIL to take our DS so I can get the hubby to take me to the movies or something...but we only do that once or twice a year....doesn't it stink!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET IT!!!!!!!!! Could actually be a little PP but I know I felt lost for a long time after having my son. you ARE working by the way - you are caring for your baby while you are home - my husband never got that either til he ended up watching our son every mondays - he was always the one to say SAHM's don't "Work" and he will never say that again now that he knows how tiring it can be.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yeah, I totally get where you are coming from. I always look at my life thinking, why am I stressing so much? You're a mom, and moms stress. It's normal. I mean, think about it, your mind is 24/7 thinking about a baby and what that baby is doing and what she ate today and how many dirty diapers she has had and when her next vaccination is and.... It's stressful. And when your life is completely focused on baby all the time, then you feel like you've lost yourself. One of the things I'm trying to do is find friends with babies who live nearby, that way I can have a social life and still be able to take my daughter along. It's hard at first, because your baby is COMPLETELY dependent on you, and that's even more so when you are a stay at home mom. It'll take time for your life to get to where you want. But that's what being a mother is about. =)
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 3:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i get it i stay at home for 5 months and i am just as tried as i was then but i get out of the house and talk to people that can talk back to me. i like being home but working is just as fun. when you do get back to work you will be realy tried but you will find the engery to get up and do what u need to. dont be afrade to ask for help whit some things and you should be ok
    badensmom

Answer by badensmom at 3:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• about them. but we end up finding a way to do both, be a mother and a woman. when our children are born we think, we cant be a woman anymore we are just a mother now. that is not true. you are a mother first and foremost, but you are also still a woman who wants to work, be successful, be independent, and want time for yourself. there is no shame in that. as long as you don't lose sight of your baby and their needs.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:38 PM on May. 27, 2009