Something you should all look at..

http://www.infowars.com/national-service-david-gergen-city-year-and-the-social-change-agenda/
Take a look at this. What do you think about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If that one worries you the "buddy" bill will scare you.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1444

I don't need to be forced to volunteer.  Making it mandatory means it isn't voluntary!  My family won't be participating.  We already serve our community in many ways.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yourspecialkid - where in that bill does it say you will be forced to volunteer? The point is to reduce boundaries and barriers to volunteering for people who, unlike you, don't know how to, or where to, volunteer.
    attorneymama

Answer by attorneymama at 4:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Who in the hell does not how or where to volunteer? Are we a society of mindless drones? lol Thats ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I agree with attorneymama.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 4:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• To the wonderfully bold anonymous poster, did you read the bill? Its talking about national opportunities to volunteer. I'm glad you've got all the answers, but the less advantaged may not. Obviously the point of the bill wouldn't be for your benefit.

To the OP - I think the website you directed people to is of a conspiracy theorist, and to that, I give no credit.

attorneymama

Answer by attorneymama at 4:58 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yeah instead of hitler youth it's Obama youth.You can check that out on youtube and see it for yourselves.
    Anonymous

• To the OP - I think the website you directed people to is of a conspiracy theorist, and to that, I give no credit.

I understand that. Many people think like you do but many do not. Isn't this reminiscent of things played out in history already? Speaking to the uneducated, giving them a stake in the 'future' You think they really will? That the men in charge really care about them?
    Anonymous

There already are 'national opportunities to volunteer.' Why then is there a bill about it with such language?
    Anonymous

• Again, why are we continuing to "pander" to the less fortunate? Why not cater to those who work hard and ALREADY give back to their communities?! Are those of us who have already selflessly helped others without being told to going to receive some "volunteer credits?"

The poor are typically the recipients of volunteerism, how do they not know they too are capable of helping others out of the goodness of their hearts?! I find that statement/concept ridiculous!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:36 PM on May. 27, 2009

• People who are truly interested in volunteering do so because they care about something--they show up wherever they are assigned and do the work that needs to be done. Volunteering does not require a batallion of people, all dressed the same, in formation, doing PA, being given some brainwashing pep talks, having some special pledge or name. It was Rahm Emanuel who stated that this program was MANDATORY that young people will be required to give three years. Volunteers also do not expect to be paid nor receive something in return like assistance for college. This is our Government's introduction to FACISM!
    Anonymous