how much do you or will you pay for preschool?

I have triplets that will be 4 in 2weeks this past year they attended the district preschool as special ed students due to speech delay now they no longer qualify.

I can enroll them as community peers in the school if we want we dp not qualify for financial aid at the school so it would be about 750/month to continue there

The tuition is out of our budget I realize that 250 is most likely good price but times 3 on one income plus our older girls needs we just can't do it

I'm just wondering how much do others pay this is a 2,5 hour program 4 days a week and the school is about 15 milea away and I wild need to drive them this year they ride the school bus

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 3:28 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I take mine to a preschool that is located in a church about a mile away from my home. it is costing me 115 a month. he will go Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 845-1145.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i wish i can help you. here in nyc we have headstart and it's free! have you thought about having someone come to your home and teaching them there?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:30 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The least expenisve things I found were:
    A program through my city's parks department. It's a co-op program so the cost is lower since the parents help out in the classroom several times a month. It was about $150 a month per child.
    A program through the local YMCA. This was about $250 a month.
    Another co-op program offered through a local adult school. This was $150 for half the school year.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son went this past year, two days a week from 9 to 11:30 and it was $60 a month. This fall he will go three days a week from 12:30 to 3 and it will cost $90 a month.
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 3:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• at our private school it is 8-12 5 days/wk $350/month.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• UPK through the school district and it costs nothing. 2 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week

My 3 year old is going to attend an integrated class for 3 year olds as a special needs student (globally delayed so they say) He will attend 2 1/2 hours, 5 days a week and they are providing transportation.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• last year it was $110/month for 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs each day..
    this year its $155/month for 3 days at 2 1/2 hrs a day

is there any sort of deal you can work out for having triplets?? some places do that..you could always look into somethin like that
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We could never afford traditional preschool. The only thing around here we can afford is a program through our park district. It's 2 days a week for 2 hours each day and is 3-5 year olds. It's $150 for the year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My twins qualified for HeadSart & there was a set of triplets in the program both years. Traditional preschool is out of the question for multiples especially if 1 has a disability & qualifies for additional services the other doesn't. I know it's tougher for multiples vs. singletons in the preschool & Kindergarten years. Check everywhere for resources. It doesn;t hurt to ask around.
    soxjulie

Answer by soxjulie at 4:53 PM on May. 27, 2009

• 3 yo preschool is $85 a month for 2 days
    Next year for the 4 yo class it will be $115 a month for 3 days
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 5:15 PM on May. 27, 2009