What kind of face product can I use while I am pregnant?

We are ttc and I have acne prone skin. I was told not to use any product with salicylic acid. Anyone have any recomendations of products without any harmful ingredients? Thanks :)

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 3:33 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Milk of Magnesia. YES, the stuff you take for bowel movements. Rub a light coat of it on your face at night, or a slightly heavy coat. You can also apply a very light coat under your make up, or if you don't wear make up, just on your face during the day, but make sure it's a light coat because the more you use, the more noticeable it is. A little goes a long way. It's a great make up base and it's great for curing acne. The only difference is, it's cheaper than most acne products that are harmful to skin. Milk of Magnesia will dry out the skin somewhat, so keep your face moisturized with a non clogging lotion if you're prone to drying skin. If you have oily skin it shouldn't be a problem. You can find it in Wal-Mart or any other store for about $3.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• The Environmental Working Group (the people who publish the guide to pesticides in produce) maintain the Skin Deep database; don't buy any body care products without checking the safety of the ingredients. www.ewg.org or www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• THERE IS A LINE OF SKIN CARE CALLED ALOETTE COSMETICS THEY HAVE THE BEST SKIN CARE LINES THEY ACTUALLY HAVE 3 DIFFERENT ONES AND ONE IS CALLED SIMPLY CLEAR AND THEIR PRODUCTS ARE ALL NATURAL. I LOVE THEM.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne. Wash your face twice a day with a mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft washcloth. Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey) for 10-15 minutes; rinse with warm water. Every 3 days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on May. 27, 2009