How do i ween my daughter from the bottle.

I have a 13 month old little girl and she is still taking the bottle at nap time and at bed time to go to sleep she likes to just be laid down with the bottle and to go to sleep by herself. If I give her a sippy cup she just lays in there and cries, I know it is not good for her teeth so how did others do it i did not have this problem with my other kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just went through the same thing with my son. He is now almost 15 months old and not using any bottles. I did the same thing for about a month with bottles only at napa nd bed times, but eventually my son took the sippy to bed one day and I immidiately took away all bottles. She'll do it on her own time. Don't stress!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You can try putting only water in the bottle, better for her teeth and not as good tasting. Or just throw them all out so you cannot give in, that's what I had to do with my son because I was so easy I just gave in.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried giving her the bottle and then laying her down by herself? We rock with our DD and give her a bottle and then when she's done eating it's time for bed. Do you think she'd like extra cuddle time? I read something that the bottle itself isn't bad, just letting them walk around with it or falling asleep with it is. So do you want to get rid of the bottle or just her laying with it? Try rocking with her, see if that helps :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• as a mom of three... weaning should have started at 12 months. start off with diluting the milk more and more til its water... then wait another week or so.. start giving her sippy cup at nap... still bottle at bed( WATER) if she doesnt take to it at first dont freak out.. it will be ok... then after a week or so.. HAVE A BOTTLE BE GONE party where she throws her bottles away and gets a BIG GIRL cup. gonna be hell.. But stick with it.. This too will pass
    TXTRIPLETS

Answer by TXTRIPLETS at 4:43 PM on May. 27, 2009