How long do i have to wait??

i will be almost 18 weeks at my next doctors visit....do you think i will get my first ultrasound then.....or will i have to wait longer?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:38 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you might have to wait. i was 17 weeks at my appt and they told me that i would have to wait for the next appt to find out. its was kinda nice that way b/c she was bigger and i was able to see more. but it depends on your doctor.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• THEY USUALLY DO THE ULTRASOUNDS AROUND 20 WEEKS IF THEY HAVE NOT TOLD YOU THAT YOU WILL BE HAVING AN ULTRA SOUND THEN YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO WAIT. THEY WILL PROBABLY TELL YOU WHEN THEY SCHEDULE IT AND NOT JUST THROW IT IN THERE ON YOU BECAUSE MOST PLACES LIKE YOUR BLADDER TO BE FULL WHEN YOU GO IN FOR THE ULTRASOUND IT MAKES IT EASIER TO SEE THE BABAY.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Ask your doctor if he/she doesnt have you scheduled for one yet. when my mom was pregnant she had A LOT because she was older and her second child(other bro) he had heart problems. so just ask your doc. your doc will give you a def answer.
    mattsgrl102409

Answer by mattsgrl102409 at 3:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• They normally do them at 20 weeks to get all the measurements and to check for defects. You can always get a 4d scan done if you want to see the baby early. They are done at other places and you have to pay for them
    Anonymous

• I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks, again at 16 weeks and several more, because I'm a diabetic and they have to closely monitor. Most women have an ultrasound at either 16 weeks or 20 weeks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:04 PM on May. 27, 2009