Anyone have a hard time agreeing on names?

My husband and I are having twins, a boy and a girl. We cannot seem to agree on much only ones are Jack and Charlotte. What did you do when you had a hard time agreeing? And are the names above cute? If you have other cute names in mind feel free to let me know! Thank you

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 3:46 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Those are kind of "old fashioned" names...but nice nonetheless. When my hubby and I went through the books we couldn't agree on anything. He didn't want to name his child anything he'd ever heard before.. so there went Joshua, Jacob, Owen, and many more names that I loved.. and if it was a girl he insisted the name would be Maria (after this hot teacher he had in college!) whether I liked the name or not...

We decided to name the boy after him.. I got to pick the middle name but only because we couldn't agree on anything and when our son came early we had to come up with something to put on the birth certificate, so I said "I'm putting this unless you have something better" and he didn't..so we got the name I wanted.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I think Jack and Charlotte are perfect!
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:00 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I dont really care for Jack:( I am pregnant and if it is a boy we are naming him JAXON so that if it gets shortened then he is Jax, not Jack (too old fashioned for me) I personally dont like Charlotte however my cousin LOVES the name Charlie for a girl and that can be a shortened name for Charlotte.

If you cant agree I would either have each of you pick a baby to name (it seems like the simplest solution to me) you might HATE the other name but at least you will have one name that you LOVE! Another thing to do is agree on a letter that you want the name to start with, have each of you make a list of names that you like and then each of you cross off all the names that dont match. So basically get it down to names that you agree on. Then each of you cross off a name until you are left with one that you both picked as your favorite
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Those are adorable names! The hard part might be finding middle names and then sticking to them. My boyfriend kept bringing new names to the "table" after we decided on Riley Cain. But I just shake my head and say no and that's the end of it.
    ababysoon

Answer by ababysoon at 4:25 PM on May. 27, 2009