what can i do or what would you do? with wedding ring problem

my husband is younger then me and neither him or his parents are good at managing money or how to save it. my husband had moved him before we got married to save money. i told him he should save what he paid in rent to buy my ring. we got married pretty quick and he doesn't make a whole lot of money. he got credit with his mom to get the ring. his is bad. then his parents ended up filing bankruptcy. we were told to stop making the payments on the ring which i was upset cause if he had done what i told him there shouldn't be any payments and i shouldn't be paying for my own ring as well. the payments we made were going to pay off my promise ring which he should of paid cash for cause frankly that ring was about $100. right? i never saw the bill & didn't know that while the 6 months 0 interest didn't go to any of my actual wedding ring? now they are coming after him. we owe a whole crap load of late payments & interest...cont'

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:47 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• If he was an authorized signer, then I believe that it does show up on his credit report.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:52 PM on May. 27, 2009

• well, if it is a credit collector there is nothing thay can do but try and get the money for it, you need to read the payment agreement over and see what they can do, every company is diffrent but most cant do a thing if you dont pay...
    Anonymous

• was told by the store that they don't have his social security but his credit report shows this debt. we actually have to debts one with home depot and now with the ring tha t are both under his parents bankruptcy and both someone show up on my husbands credit. he doesn't remember giving his ssn to either applications his parents have done for him on these two companies. he thought he was an authorized signer. would that show up on his credit or they have to have his SSN to have it show on his report? lots of questions....sorry. can i return the ring what are my options to resolve these matters.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:50 PM on May. 27, 2009