I am a stay-at-home mom, How do i keep myself productive and off this computer!?

I'm almost 20, i live in Chicago so weather is good and bad.
I am on the computer for at least 4-5 hours a day.
I like keeping organized and cleaning once i am motivated

babySTAR09

Asked by babySTAR09 at 3:54 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Make a list of things to do even if it is playtime with your child, lunch, etc. and when you do one cross it off. It might help b/c it feels good to cross things off of a to-do list!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• if i'm not online while my son naps I'm usually folding laundry or cleaning the bathrooms since SO doesnt do ANYTHING lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• When you figure it out let me know!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I turn the radio on to some good country and get cleaning....if you have a little one, invent some games to play on a routine basis to help your child develop.. my son loved it when I put a sheet over the table and played hide and seek with him. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• yes i meant to add music is my only motivator to clean lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:56 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Make it extremely difficult to get online. Turn the computer off, if there's a cord, unplug it and tie it in a loose knot, unplug the mouse and monitor, all that kinda stuff. You won't want to go through the hassle of plugging everything back in unless you have to :P

Of course I wish I could follow my own advice. HA!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:57 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Glad I'm not the only one with motivation issues!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 4:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• lol im a list maker...\

and i reward myself with finishing a thing by a few mins on the computer!!!!

works for me....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:07 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm an active member in my city. We are sooooo desperate for volunteers. If you have extra time, you can start by asking your city's chamber of commerce of what's needed.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I am a sahm as well. I spend only about an hour or so on the computer during the day. It's when my daughter goes to bed for the night that I spend several hours online. During the day, we follow a routine/schedule, so that keeps me pretty busy.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:14 PM on May. 27, 2009