My OB said thrush will go away on its own...is that right??

the thrush in me (not baby)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! It needs to be treated, and it can be really hard to get rid of if it really takes hold! The best info on treating it is here: Thrush/Candida Treatment Protocol

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Um, you should be treated.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• no they need medicine it can spread... been dealing back and forth with this with son and nephew
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• What do you mean, thrush in you?
    Anonymous

• No it doesnt go away on its own, trush is the same thing as a yeast infection but its in the mouth, call and tell them you want diflucan. It is just one pill and it works great. I usually get it after stopping an antibiotic.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• OMG thrush. Ugh the painful irritating nasty infection. I remember it well. My daughter was breastfeeding and we are clean people but developed thrush. We used this nasty goopy sticky stuff that she swallowed and I applied to my nipples for like months. It kept coming back. Finally after what seemed like forever, but probably only a few months it went away and never came back. Use the difflucan as someone suggested and the sticky stuff(pedi will know) and wash constantly with soap and water - rinse babies mouth with washcloth and water after each feeding. I totally commiserate with you. Keep the faith it will get better.
    LisaNSienna

Answer by LisaNSienna at 4:18 PM on May. 27, 2009