UH-OH! Ear Infection

I suspect my Dd has an ear infection, if not a double ear infection! We can't see our doctor until tomorrow morning. Is there anything I can do in the mean time to ease her aches and pains? This is only my second go-around with the ugly ear infection monster! I'm panicked!!!

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 4:07 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pain meds for the pain. Lots of fluids to help her get better faster. Don't worry about food - if she'll eat, great. If not, oh well.
    And don't worry about not starting antibiotics until tomorrow (or later). Many studies have found that kids who don't take antibiotics for ear infections get better just as quickly as kids who do. More and more doctors are not giving antibiotics for that reason. If your doctor gives them, fine. Talk it over with him and go where your instincts and his experience lead you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Give her tylonal, and take a warm washcloth and put it over her ear, and it will make her feel alittle better also you can put cotton in her ear or ears so the air dont hit it
    Anonymous

• this may sound gross but trust me it works miracles and it was suggested by my pediatrician when i was a baby. (I am now 25 and still do it and it still works)

the doctor said, use a little boys pee. my brother was younger than me.
    if you can get a boy who has not reached puberty yet to pee in a cup, you mix it with sweet oil and put a couple of drops in your ear. Yes it is disgusting but it does ease the pain tremendously.

google it you will find out i am not crazy.

if that is too gross you can just use warm sweet oil
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Also dont lay her flat, it increases the pressure in her ears.You can prop her crib or the mattress, on the end she has her head. When my DD had them we used childrens advil, it worked better than tylenol. My ped told me about it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2009