Do you think supernanny, nanny 911, wife swap and the new show hard parents help in your parenting skills?

i use some of those ideas with my kids but does it help with other parenting skills for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no. they're always really extreme.
    Anonymous

• I disagree, I don't think they are exteme at all. I think they are designed to break bad behavior and I've used several techniques and am thankful for them. I had a hellish 2 year old and was desperate for advice and after consulting many parents, the doctor, friends, I watched Super Nanny and her ideas worked and I was able to get control. I think allowing a kid to just "grow out of it" is wrong because they need to learn boundaries and in the meantime your life is really difficult. Now we go to preschool w/ those kids and my kid and the teacher are stuck dealing with the rotten behavior.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I do think it helps. I mean my kids aren't nearly as bad as those kids in Supernanny, but I think it may be because I started implementing her things BEFORE my DD got bad! I have watched that show since before I had kids so I kinda had a head start on discipline before I needed it.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 4:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I dont think anon was meaning that the discipline was extreme...I think she was meaning that the parents and kids are usually abnormally BAD...lol

Or maybe I read it wrong.

I like supernanny. I use lots of her techniques and they do work. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:37 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It definitely helped me with my son when he was going through his terrible twos. I wish SuperNanny had been around when my oldest was a toddler. I could have used her then.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I can stand watching Wife Swap, Trading Spouses, and The Strictest Parents, but I cannot take the nanny shows.
    I just can't stand watching small children act out so badly and most of the parents doing absolutely nothing about it. I think the nannies are extremely smart and have terrific ideas, but my children aren't that young anymore, nor did they ever act out that badly, so I prefer not to watch them.
    As far as taking something away as far as parenting or wife skills? No, I just see what other people are like in the country and praise God for giving me a normal family and lifestyle....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:11 PM on May. 27, 2009