How do I handle my husband insisting he is right?

Example: We have two bedrooms in the front of the house. One was a small office I used and the other was a bedroom my husband uses for his office. When I had the baby, I would have been happy to move my desk to the back guest room so my husband could move into the office. We would use the other bedroom for the new baby room. Husband, No doing. I moved my desk into the guest room and the baby went to the office. The baby has grown and needs a bigger bed, therefore bigger room. I asked again to change rooms. No doing - he insists they are the same size (i measured, they aren't) then he said the room he uses doesn't have any more "usable" space.....why is so insistant. I say take a left, he takes a right (it actually happened on a driving trip!...what is the scoop and how do I deal? He is driving me bonkers.

EastCoastGal

Asked by EastCoastGal at 4:14 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i think one day when he is gone you do a room switch just to make him mad. LOL then he may be too lazy to switch em back around....that is just me though I tease my husband all the time.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• LOL, he is a man, thats why he does it. Do what 2wnd suggested, do it anyway, and itsn't it your home also?This is just me, but, I wouldn't ask, I would just do it. Whats more important, HIM, or the CHILD? BTW, most men think they are always right no matter how many times they are wrong.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Well why do you have to be right and so adamate about changing the rooms? Just a question, because you sound alot like me! LOL...You both think you're right and he wont budge so try to compromise...tell him I know you don't think the room is bigger but can you please measure it? Then you will definately be right! Then ask him to compromise, tell him okay if you keep your room can you think of any other options for the baby? Or if he's not willing to move the room now, when will he be willing? Compromising is the key...my husband and I are the same way, one of us always has to be right...we have learned over time that it doesn't always have to be the case. Good luck :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:45 PM on May. 27, 2009