Once your child is old enough to eat table food how do you get out of cooking every day?

What are some alternatives to not having to cook every single day?!

HisMomsADiva

Asked by HisMomsADiva at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Leftovers! Some meals I purposely make too much so we can just reheat it later in the week or freeze single sizes and pop them in the microwave!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 4:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• exactly...leftovers! cook more than the meals worth and freeze the leftovers or stick in the fridge overnight for the next day
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:25 PM on May. 27, 2009

• once in a while I heat up frozen chicken tenders with some carrots or green beans for my daughter or get the Gerber graduates pastas and such.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I always make a batch of whatever my DD likes to eat--steamed veggies, whole wheat pasta, and have plenty of cheese and fresh fruit and yogurt on hand. I just cut up what she will eat at each meal without really having to cook. And yes, leftovers :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 4:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• make extra batch or two of whatever when you cook then freeze it. So when you can't cook just thaw out & heat. T.v. dinners are good for little ones fast & easy.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• fruit, sandwhiches, cheese, yogurt, boiled eggs, left overs, organic tv dinners,
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:06 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I always have frozen peas and corn on hand so I can simply toss them in the water for like 5 minutes and prepare something to go with it a cheese stick etc. Bagels, canned baked beans, small pieces of frozen cooked ham (will cook up easily in a pan w/o having to thaw), yogurt, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:15 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If you're wealthy you can hire a cook, or if you have a husband that loves making meals have him do it, or you could do the unhealthy alternative if you have the money eat out all the time. You could alternate with husband on cook days, for me I cook 5 days out of the week and have Saturday as pizza day and Sunday my husband cooks, he works too late to cook through the week.

You could have quick meal nights such as pre-made frozen meals, crock-pot meals and boxed... I don't use these types of meals so cannot vogue for whether they taste good or not. I can say I cook all mine from scratch and they don't take much as far as time and effort. Maybe you can join a recipe site on here, browse various recipe sites such as recipezaar and view some easy meals that you know your family will like you can make.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I thought the same thing when mine started eating real food. What I do is buy these Gerber Graduates entree's (in the baby food isle) and they only take 30 seconds in the microwave. They are really healthy for kids too, they give a healthy entree of pasta or chicken and a side of vegetables. If your on a budget though (I am!) then buy the kid TV dinners (yeah they make tv dinners for kids). They have more sodium and aren't quite as healthy as the other ones but they have a complete meal ready in a few minutes.

Or buy some frozen chicken nuggets and open a can of veggies, which is a way cheaper alternative then both of the above. Hope this advice helps.
    Yungmom_17

Answer by Yungmom_17 at 5:52 AM on May. 28, 2009