• In the Spotlight:

Not eating

My almost 6month old is just not eating! About twice a day she will only take 2oz from her bottle. She'll do it a couple times in a row. She'll really only eat if she is groggy. Even from my breast its like this. And from what I can tell she hasnt even put on a full pound since the last time she was at the doc, almost 2months ago. She just got over a sinus infection but her nose is clear and doesnt seem to be having any symptoms of stomach problems. When she does eat "alot" i think the most is like 6oz.

What is going on with my little girl!? I am probably going to talk to the pediatrician and take her in, but has anyone else heard of this?

HunnysFarAway

Asked by HunnysFarAway at 4:21 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Talk to your doctor about this. The only piece of advice I can offer really is that children/babies go in and out of eating stages and sometimes eat less then other times. I know its not comforting but keep that in the back of your mind to keep you in the future from jumping too quickly to call your doctor about a lull in her eating habits. Hope all turns out well :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• since she just got over a sinus infection she may have had a slight ear infection or ear ache. when a child has an ear ache they don't want to eat because it causes pain when they suck but they will eat when they get too hungry. try giving her some tylenol for pain and maybe a couple of drops of warm sweet oil in her ear wait a little while and then see if she will eat.

is she teething?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:26 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I cant tell if she is teething. She is probably drooling less than she normally does and she puts stuff in her mouth but not anymore than normal.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 4:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I would take her to the doctor, that just doesn't sound normal, even if she was sick or teething.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:47 PM on May. 27, 2009