how can i get my 2 yr old to stop using a paci.?

I broke him from the bottle at 22 months and that was easy but I can't get his nuk out of his mouth! Help

VincentVictor

Asked by VincentVictor at 4:34 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never been in this situation but I would say try the same method you used for the bottle breaking.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:35 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i don't know if this will work for you or not, i was living at my moms at the time and my mom had this really annoying dog. well he got my sons pacy and chewed it up. he was a little over 2. well I told him that was the last one i had and the dog chewed it up. surprisingly he understood and he threw it away himself and said bye bye to it. and never asked for it again.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:38 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The best thing you can do I think is to explain to him that it's bad for him, that it will make his teeth get all crooked and gross (exaggerate and he'll get the picture) and that it's time for it to go "byebye" and have him toss it himself so he knows it's permanent. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:41 PM on May. 27, 2009

• throw them out & don't buy anymore. he will cry for a day or two then he'll get over it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Just take it away. It will be a rough couple of days, but then it will be over.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• my mother in law cut a hole in the tip of the paci to break her youngest boy of it at age 3 or something and just let him use it and it just didnt work anymore so he had to throw it away. she has always told him that spiders came and ate a hole in it though and he is 16 now and still thinks they did it lol which i dont agree with but maybe the hole would work if he saw that its broken, kind of like the dog idea. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My kids never had pacis, but my nephew had them until around 3 years....my mom cut all the nipples off the ones left and said they were all broken and there were no more. My friend put her kids in an envelope and they all went to the post office and they mailedthem to newborn babies that didn't have any and needed them. (The postal worker knew and just threw them out after they left.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:06 PM on May. 27, 2009