taking baby out for the first time

okay.. im turkish and the tradition is to keep baby at home for the first 40 days of course doctors appointments are exeptions.
when did you first take your baby out on a walk or to visit family and friends?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 4:40 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In India they have the same tradition but we never followed it. I never even realized until a couple months old and I showed her newborn photos to friends. They were appalled that we were out of the house that early! LOL. I took her shopping the day I was released from the hospital. Her pics were taken the next day.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i took my son to the park when he was 3 weeks old. the weather was beautiful, not too hot or cold. we were only out briefly. i was a nervous wreck leaving the house since I was a brand new mom, but it was well worth it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• they came to me and when i got better then i went
    Anonymous

• We brought him straight from the hospital to the inlaws, since our apartment was new and we hadn't finished moving in.. it was a month before we brought him to meet my parents who live two hours away... as far as outings...we'd go for walks as often as I felt up to it (not often, since I had a c-section and was quite sore).
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We had our baby 3 hours from home so we went to get baby supplies after released from the hospital.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We stopped at the store on the way home from the hospital. So, 2-3 days old.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My son had a bowling tournament when my daughter was 4 days old.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We basically went out and about right away. I think I stayed home a bit longer with my oldest because I had a rougher recovery (stitches, ugh). With my DD, I was finishing up college at the time, and I was back in class a week after I had her with baby in tow. With my youngest, we were out running errands and grocery shopping when he was five days old.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 6:03 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Young, like the day he got of the hospital at 5 days, we stopped at walmart.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We were at the grocery store 2 days after he was born,and at the mall when he was a week.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:19 PM on May. 27, 2009