Why are most of the anonymous posters mean?

I've noticed that most of the people that post their replies as anonymous are really mean in their responses. Why be anonymous then? If you really want to be mean and truely believe what you are saying, why be afraid of letting people see?

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 4:40 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they don't want anyone to know who they are so no one can be mad at them or try to get back at them.
    As well, I believe a lot of the Christian anons post anonymously because they know what they're doing is hypocritical and unChristianlike....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:47 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Blah, blah, blah
    Anonymous

• I have noticed that, too. I guess you can be a real bad a** when no one knows your name or anything! They hide behind the anonymity.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I agree...but when I post anon it is usually becasue I am giving some private info, other than that I try to be extra nice.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• thats because ppl can be shallow and they know they are wrong in there doings so they hide themselves but what they dont relize is that every 1 has a I P adderss...lol if you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all......
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 4:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• its not just anons , I am seeing some mean posters today using their nick anyway.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• was the anon post serious or was it suposed to be funny? i can never tell online. damn not being able to show emotions! :) it did make me smile though. and i understand the personal info thing completely. its just the mean anons i dont understand...
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 4:48 PM on May. 27, 2009

• A lot of them post anonymously for privacy, but as for the meanies-- well, cowards usually cover their heads.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Because they are scared....
    Chandytown

Answer by Chandytown at 4:54 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Because karma can't find you if you're anon, everyone knows that.

Until it does...

In seriousness though, people who feel the need to demean and bully others tend to deep down feel the most vulnerable and all that bravado is to try to get through the day when inside they are actually terrified. If the only thing that keeps them feeling strong is putting down others or being rude, but they aren't able to expose themselves enough to do it openly, well... that's much sadder than being the victim of their "blah blah blah" - kwim?
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:03 PM on May. 27, 2009