Clay County(Oakleaf Plantation Middle) / Duval schools (Jet Davis)

I'm moving to Duval county, just 2 blocks away from Clay County. The Oakleaf Plantation middle school is just 5 blocks from my house while the Jet Davis middle school is about a 30 min ride from my house. I called both schools and they told me that my kid has to go to Jet Davis (the school in my county)... I think this is ridiculous since I have a Middle school just around the corner(although in a different county). Any sugestions in what I can do (other than move) to have my kid attenting the closer school even do is in another county. Thank you.

RinaEly

Asked by RinaEly at 4:42 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Clay County and Duval County...are you in Florida?
    I taught in Duval County for 4 years. I find it hard to believe that the closest DC middle school to you is 30 minutes away considering there are over 30 middle schools in DC.
    But...have you looked into a special permission attendance?
    Coaching4kids

Answer by Coaching4kids at 9:10 AM on May. 30, 2009

• You could ask if that school has open enrollment. If they do, then you can put your kids in that school. The bus wouldn't pick them up though. You'd have to take them and pick them up.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 4:47 PM on May. 27, 2009