Irrigation spikes vs. Aqua Globes

There little spikes that help keep your garden watered but at a slow pace.

The irrigation spikes screw on to the opening of a 2liter soda bottle put water in the bottle turn it upside down and stick into the ground.

And the agua globes you put water and stick it into the ground

Have you tried theses?

What is your opinion on them?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've used both! I've used the 2-liter bottles for new shrubs/trees/perennials while establishing during really hot temperatures/heat waves, and it doesn't matter if they're seen or not. The 2-liter bottles are HEAVY, and bulky, so they should be in the ground. I only have a few hanging baskets or potted plants, so I use the Aqua Globes for them--because I'd otherwise forget about watering them! The Aqau Globes do the same thing, but are smaller (volume), lighter, and prettier, so when you do not want to take away from the decor, I'd use the Aqua Globes.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:28 PM on May. 28, 2009