Is your husband ADD and out of work?

My husband has ADD and can't figure out how to find a job. We have two kids, one is autistic. Does anyone else have a similar situation and if so, how do you cope? Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine is ADD and just got laid off about a week and a half ago. He is having trouble finding a job because they all either want a degree, or alot more experience than he has. We have 3 kids and another due in 5 weeks. He did qualify for unemployment though, but only getting about half of what he was when working. I can sympathize completely. Let me know if you want to talk sometime, we can wollow in pitty together, lol. Really though, I understand and know how you feel. I try to just take everything one day at a time. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:02 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes. It's very frustrating. We need to move in a couple months and we can't afford to do it on my income alone. I wish I had advice but I will be looking here to see what people say.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the responses, ladies. I hope by letting our feelings out here we all keep our sanity (and not kill our husbands!). :) It's VERY frustrating to have to hold everything together, and I find I'm losing respect, which I think is just awful. I try to see the positives in our situation (he's home with the kids) but when they're in school all day and he's playing video games or otherwise goofing off, it just makes my blood boil. We just got his diagnosis so we haven't tried meds yet. Have your husbands taken meds for ADD? Has it helped?
    Anonymous

• Dh has ADD and was laid off in Nov 2008. Yes sometimes it is frustrating and scary. I felt Dh was not doing enough to find a job but I also know there are no jobs in our town and the next big city is 1 1/2 hours away. He has a BS in business but this is not doing him much good now. He looked daily for a job but he also took care of me and the kids. He cleaned, did laundry, shopped etc. He is collecting unemployment and through unemployment he has gotten a grant to go back to school. Maybe this is something your Dh can look into. If it were not for the help of a wonderful person I worked with my Dh would not be in school now. She gave me so much info. Like getting money for daycare while Dh is at school. Getting mney for books, gas etc. Now my fear is he will not be able to find a job after getting out of school. Let me know if I can help.

twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:41 PM on May. 27, 2009