When you write on something plastic with a sharpie will it come off in the dishwasher?

I just bought new sippy cups but they don't have OZ markings on them which I need for formula making. If I marked the ounces with a sharpie is it just going to come off in the dishwasher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe not the first time but after a few washes eventually it will fade all you have to do is continue to trace over it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It will fade over time. Black seems to work better than silver or red!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 5:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Okay, as long as I won't have to fix it every time I won't mind.
    Anonymous

• Yeah - I had to do the same; and yes after a few washs it will come off but you can see it fading before it's gone completely and just re-draw them...

The other thing I did first was kept one of the 'old' bottles and just used it for mixing and measuring and then poured it into the new one...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I wrote on our plastic containers so we knew which ones were ours, and yeah, it washes off, but not the first time.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 6:14 PM on May. 27, 2009