Can someone help?

I had my daughter 9 months ago and the nurses told me before I left the hospital that it would be awhile before my periods were normal again. 9 months later and ive only had one period since I had her. I am 18 years old. and shes my first. Is this normal?? Ive taken like a million pregnancy tests and they all come back negative. I went to an appointment with the gyno. (also who delivered my daughter) and he said that I just need to give it awhile. How long is that? and whats going on? my mom said that when she had her first (me) she bled for 6 weeks and she had her fist period when I was 3 monrths. whats going on? cuz im seriously freaking out!

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 5:09 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you or are you breastfeeding? That usually delays the return of your cycle.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• are you breastfeeding? that could affect it... if not, just enjoy it. It will take your body awhile to get back into the swing of things
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No im not breastfeeding its just seriously freaking me out.
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 5:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• between my first and youngest.. theres 25 months.. minus the 9 monthe i was preg with my first and its what 14 months??

in 14 months i only ahd 2 periods.... give it some time...

what BC are you on?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• im in the process of getting on bc. I have an appointement next week.
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 5:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• what is the biggest reason its freaking you out? I would get on BC and pray it never comes back!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:22 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i agree with the mom above, periods annoy me and i hope mine doesn't come bak. i just had my daughter about a month ago and i havent even stopped my post partum bleeding yet and i hate it urgh
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 5:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Be sure to talk to the doctor about your concerns when you go next week. It's probably fine - you are young and most "female" health problems effect "old people" like me.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Your body is going through a lot of changes! After my first baby I didn't have a period but I got pg 3 months after I had her! So I have only had a few periods in 2 and a half yrs. I think its a blessing! Not even bc regulated me! It freaked me out so I stopped taking it and I am going in to get an IUD. Mirana! Just to make sure I am safe!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 8:41 PM on May. 27, 2009