How long did it take you to concive?

Me and my dh are trying and this is our first month =) I O tomorrow so we have been BD.....Hoping it will happen this month ......i havnt been on any bc since b4 my youngest who will be one july 4th......thankz

emilysmama05

Asked by emilysmama05 at 5:09 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it took me 10 months. you should have sex every other day. that way there is always live sperm present. sperm lives for three days inside you. having sex every day lowers his sperm count. also if it takes a while, you should start charting your temp. they will not even start doing fertility testing until you've done this. you have to take your temp. the same time every day before you get out of bed. i forget though how long you have to be charting it for. i was in the hospital for something else and i told my dr. that we'd been trying for 8 months and she told me about the charting your temp. thing. and there is a position that makes sure that the sperm is deposited as close to the opening as possable. you on your back with your legs over his shoulders. you need to be fairly flexable for that though.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 8:05 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It only took me one month to conceive.

Answer by louise2 at 5:13 PM on May. 27, 2009

• My first couple it only took like once, fertile myrtle I was. My last child it took over a year but it was after I had a D&C.

When you need some advice...
    RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 5:16 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I got preg the first time DH and I had sex! I kid you not! (but we were married)
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant my wedding night.. how do i know? hubby lived in MD at the time and I was in VA, got married in VA, had sex, moved out to MD a few months later, found out iwas preg. WHAT A SURPRISE! my first one.. i really don't know.. i think it took about a month. good luck mommi
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 5:39 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It took me over 5 years with my first. I went to a fertility doctor the next time and it still took several years.
    Anonymous

• 4 years and counting....
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• 1.5 years and several IVF attempts.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:49 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It took me three months both times! Have fun every other day so the sperm can build back up! Good Luck!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 9:53 PM on May. 27, 2009