best way to wean ur baby from the bottle

caydenmom08

Asked by caydenmom08 at 5:11 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Once they could drink from a sippy cup, I just switched completely over and didn't give a bottle any longer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:12 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I'm starting by only doing bottles at nap and bed. Then I'll phase out the nap one, then the bed one. I'm in no hurry to get rid of them, I don't think it's a bad thing to go longer than a year. I'll follow my DD's cues as to when she's ready to quit altogether. Unless it gets to be preschool time, then I'll step in and help :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I used the playtex sippy cups has to be leak proof. I gave them the cup instead of the bottle every time. Never at bedtime though, I didn't let them go to bed with their cup but before bed was ok.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 5:07 AM on May. 28, 2009