How did you all get your baby to switch from formula to Whole milk?

Dr. Said it's time but my daughter hates the milk. Is there a trick to it? Help.

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 5:28 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Perhaps heat it to the temp that you served formula at. That may make a difference. Did you give her straight milk or did you mix milk & formula?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I just stoped buy formula and she had to drink regular milk..But if your child is old enough to drink regular milk he/she is old enough to eat baby food and drink out of a sippy cup.

Answer by louise2 at 5:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I put milk in his sippy cup and never looked back. But we had been giving them formula right out of the fridge for quite some time when we switched.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We did the milk in the sippy for a couple months, then switched one night when the last can of formula was gone. She was surprised the first time we put milk in, but after that she was fine with it. Keep trying :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:31 PM on May. 27, 2009

• take the formula away, milk in a favorite character sippy cup, you might want to add just a little strawberry or chocolate to make it taste better.(just make sure to brush his or her teeth!!)
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 8:18 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I just switched it one day when I was out of formula. I heated it to room temperature and he never knew the difference. My son is now 21 mos && he still won't drink cold milk. He just doesn't like it. Plus, warm milk will help them sleep better anyway.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:23 PM on May. 27, 2009

• when i switched my daughter i first went one whole day with nothing but juice and water then the next day i gave her regular milk,try heating it up some kids like that better. the reason for the one day with just water/juice is so that ur child doesn't get sick from the switch
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 9:29 PM on May. 27, 2009

• We started by using less formula and more whole milk little by little and also giving it to her cold little by little, for example, we'd give her an 8 oz bottle of formula, then the next week she'd get 6 oz of formula and 2 oz of milk, then the next week she'd get 4 oz of formula and 4 oz of milk. Once we got down to all milk she didn't really like it so we bought the Nesquick strawberry powder and we put one teason of poder in her sippy. Not much sugar, but changes the flavor enough that she'll drink it.
    Nik8608

Answer by Nik8608 at 10:18 PM on May. 27, 2009