Would it be appropriate for me to throw her a baby shower?

My husband's best friend/practically brother is having a baby. They used to live here, but moved out of state after a very terrible falling out between my husband and his wife. (Not the reason why they moved, just the timing). About a month ago, his wife contacted my husband to apologize for the fight, as did my husband. My only slight with them is that she called me a bitch when I asked for her to return some things she borrowed from us. In any case, they are moving back here. She doesn't have much family here, and her husband's grandmother I am sure would throw her a baby shower. I am wondering if it would be appropriate of me, as a sign of friendship, to contact his grandmother and see if she would like to co-host or even would like me to host the baby shower. Does that seem like something a recently reunited friend would do? Or is it pushy and assuming? I guess, how would you feel?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:29 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell her that you want to throw a baby shower for her and ask her if she is comfortable having one and then if she is ask the g'ma and others if they would be interested in co-hosting it with you and have a list of ppl for you to invite.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 5:45 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Be the bigger person. I would
    Anonymous

• I think it's a nice thing to do. I don't see how it's pushy. It might just make her feel guilty for calling you those names. I actually comend you for your willingness to do that...it takes a strong person to be that kind.
    Anonymous

• How sweet. You are one classy lady if you do that. Maybe she will learn how to be more ladylike like you.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• i would
    paytonbabay06

Answer by paytonbabay06 at 6:42 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I think that would be a really nice and thoughtful thing to do.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:33 PM on May. 27, 2009

• very classy, do it :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:13 AM on May. 28, 2009