Fruits and Vegatables

Ok so I know this is really a stupid question, but I have tried everything. I have a 3 1/2 yo and she just recently started eating fruit's and Vegatable's. Well I have a problem. She only eats like half an apple at a time. Well I wrap it back up put it in the fridge till the next day. Well when I go to get it out of the fridge it is brown. So there is a half of apple that is waisted and I have to cut another one and waist the other half again. Well you get the point. Does anyone have any suggestion's as to what I can do to stop throwing money down the drain on fruit's and vegatable's. Please BUMP if you don't have the answer for me. Thanks

ShellyRFL

Asked by ShellyRFL at 5:36 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well, cut the apple in half instead of giving her the whole one. Save the other half in the fridge. The next day when you go to get it it WILL be brown, But if you take a knife and cut off the tiny bit of skin that is brown the rest of the apple will still be good.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• The apple, if wrapped in plastic, can be eaten the next day. It isn't rotten, just browned slightly by oxygen. Try rubbing lemon juice on it and it won't be as brown. But, she can still eat it the next day even with a little brown.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I know that she can eat it when it is brown. But like she is telling me now. Mommy my apple is dirty and then she doesn't want to eat it. But I forgot about the lemon juice secret. I am going to have to try that one.
    ShellyRFL

Answer by ShellyRFL at 5:43 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You could always shave off a thin layer like Outstandinglove recommended.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:46 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Either cut off the brown and serve it or eat the other half yourself! You need your fruit, too!! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:14 PM on May. 27, 2009

• They do sell pre sliced apples in a bag and they are just as good and fresh as a whole apple. It has a ziploc type seal on it and they do real well in the fridge. That way you could just give her the serving size that she will eat.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 6:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• If the lemon doesn't work, put it in a ziplock bag. Or try putting peanutbutter on it and decorating it with raisins and other small snacks. My daughter loves her apple pizzas.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:59 PM on May. 27, 2009

• When I give my SS half of an apple or pear at breakfast, I eat the other half with my breakfast.
    Anonymous