His or Her Soul...

I had an abortion. Many of you really helped me. I've asked for forgiveness. I aked what happens with forgiveness here on CM. You were so nice. I cannot forgive myself. I am struggling with this everyday. I regret and did not have any concept of what I did. I was so scared, stupid, and overwhelmed. NO EXCUSE, I make none. My question is, the abortion was so early, the fetus had no conscience thoughts, what do you think happens to that soul? Does it think and wait for me? Does it hate me? Was it placed in another baby to be born. I don't know, and I need a little direction, as I have NO religious upbrining nor education. I do believe in God, but I don't believe he would forgive me for what I've done. I just acted in a crazy way, thought this was right for my family, and now I"m just sooo sad, angry, and worried about that baby's soul. I am so beyond sorry, and scared because I made this horrid mistake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry you went through this experience and have this terrible guilt. I hope you are able to forgive yourself. I'm probably not of the same faith as you, and I think others have answered well about God and forgiveness. My suggestion is to take this negative experience and transform it into positive action... choose a child in an empoverished nation and sponsor him/her in memory of your baby. Every year, buy an underprivileged child a really awesome gift and donate it to charity, in memory of your baby. Let the experience make you more compassionate and more giving, let your baby's life have a transformative effect on you and on the world. Let your baby's existance make a positive difference through your actions. HTH, and hope you are able to find some peace.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• First if you've asked God to forgive you... He has. Because if we confess our sins He is faithfu and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness. Your baby... boy or girl is in heaven. Now you need to forgive yourself.
    Anonymous

• I do believe in God and I believe he forgives ANYTHING and EVERYTHING if you have true intentions in your heart. He knows your true feelings and heart even better than you do.

You made a mistake, I am sorry you are living with this. You might need some professional counseling to get past this.

I believe that babies are blameless and sinless. I believe their little souls are taken care of by God. I am not sure what he does with them, but that is up to Him. I do know that God will do what is best for the baby.

Go find a REAL counselor and let your emotions out. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:51 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I do see a therapist. It does help. I'm trying.
    Anonymous

• Here's a link http://www.unfairchoice.info/healing.htm

It has links and 24/7 hotline numbers.
    Anonymous

• God loves you so much. There is nothing you could ever do to make God stop loving you. He is longing for you to come to Him so you can experience the joy of having a relationship with Him. Have you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins and become the Lord of your life. It is a simple prayer, but if you really mean it He will come into your life and you can have personal relationship with Him.

He will forgive every sin you have ever committed and He will not look at them anymore. Jesus paid the price for all our our sins, so that we could stand before God in His righteousness. Your child is with the Lord right now, and there is no pain or anger there. I would encourage you to go to my profile and read the journal post "Steps to Peace With God." You can see how easy it is to be washed and freed from the chains of our own mistakes that hold us down. You can know today that you are forgiven. He is faithful to forgive us.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:09 PM on May. 27, 2009

• This is difficult for me to write because I don't agree with abortion. I'm also adopted and have adopted a baby girl. However I would never judge anyone, I am in no way perfect! Never have been nor will I ever be. I am Catholic, we believe that God forgives us. We also believe that all life begins at conception. Don't worry about your baby, that child is safe in haven with God. You could find a Priest or Pastor to discuss all of this with even though your not a member of their church I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you through this tough time. This is what they are there for, I know our priest would do this for you. you are in pain about your choice, but you need someone to help you through this for you and your family. Before depression sets in please find a good person to help you through this. Your Baby is happy and safe in a good place now do this for your self.

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 6:10 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Steps To Peace With God

If you want to learn more about the peace of God or His forgiveness you can msg me. I won't even know it has to do with this. I am praying for you.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1Jn 1:9

"Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins." Psalm 25:18

"I, [even] I, [am] He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." Isaiah 43:23

If you go to Him with this He will run towards you and throw His arms around you.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:17 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Read 1John 3:19, 20 By this we shall know that we originate with the truth, and we shall assure our hearts before him 20 as regards whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.

God IS greater than our hearts and he is forgiving.......let it go..... because it's Satan that profits from you not accepting God's forgiveness.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:24 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Jesus died for all of our sins. You have been forgiven. Trust in the Lord. The devil will use your guilt against you. I am not saying forget. Mourning is good, and you will mourn. To think you will get over it quickly is not going to happen. Know that God and Jesus love you very much, and when you need to talk to someone talk to God. Share your feelings with him. He will help you. I do suggest you learn about God and Jesus more. Then you will know what I'm saying is true. It is hard to face the reality of our mistakes and decisions. God bless you, and may Yahweh give you strength. I will keep you in my prayers. We are all victims of the devil's lies.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:12 PM on May. 27, 2009