what is Natural family planning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on May. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• A not so effective way to prevent a pregnancy, IMO. Too much work also. If I want to have sex, I don't want to have to plan it just to hope to prevent a pregnancy. I would rather take my pills every night and go for the fun.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:44 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It is being aware of your reproductive cycle so you can either achieve or prevent a pregnancy by knowing when your fertile periods are and adjusting your sex life accordingly. A great book on the subject is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 5:56 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's called PREGNANCY.
    Anonymous

• Essentially the rhythm method from what I understand of it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:08 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Temping, charting, knowing when you're ovulating by all the signs and either trying to get pregnant or avoid.

We used it for avoiding. I now have a 3 year old.
    Anonymous

• It isn't the rhythm method. That's essentially guesswork and assuming your cycle is the standard 28 days long, so you abstain through the week or so when you THINK you might be ovulating.

I used NFP effectively for 2 years to prevent pregnancy. Like another poster said, its temping, checking cervical mucus, and charting. At the time I was unable to use hormonal birth control and this worked. Five minutes or so a day isn't a lot of work in my opinion.

Every woman should have a better understanding of how her reproductive system works. The book mentioned in the first post is excellent, no matter what stage you are in ttc, trying to prevent, or not doing either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:32 PM on May. 27, 2009

• It's called PREGNANCY.
    ---
    since an idiot reported it ill use a different word ... you are a bitch!! =)
    Anonymous